The Constitution of the Thripp Republic
We the People, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide financial stability, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Thripp Republic.
Article 1: Citizenship
- 1.1: Citizens shall have all the rights of the Constitution of the United States of America.
- 1.2: The Senate shall make no law abridging the rights of citizens.
- 1.3: Citizens of the Thripp Republic may reside anywhere and may opt out at any time.
- 1.4: Citizens shall be given preferential treatment for grants, loans, and lines of credit.
- 1.5: Applicants for citizenship must provide their full name, mailing address, and date of birth.
- 1.6: The Senate has the right to review and audit citizenship applications.
- 1.7: Citizens must update their citizenship records annually.
- 1.8: Citizens may be required to serve jury duty.
Article 2: Government
- 2.1: The government shall consist of the Executive, the Senate, and the Supreme Court.
- 2.2: The President shall appoint all members of government.
- 2.3: All members of government shall serve life terms unless resigned or impeached.
- 2.4: The Executive shall consist of positions created and defined by the President.
- 2.5: The Senate shall consist of up to one hundred senators who meet regularly to write, deliberate, and vote on laws, treaties, resolutions, appropriations, impeachments, and other matters.
- 2.6: The Supreme Court shall consist of nine justices who hear appeals and give final judgments.
- 2.7: The President shall have the power to issue executive orders with the force of law.
- 2.8: No law shall be made restricting members of government from holding multiple titles or positions in the Thripp Republic, foreign governments, or financial institutions.
Article 3: Currency
- 3.1: The Thripp Republic establishes the Thripp Dollar as its official currency.
- 3.2: The Thripp Dollar shall be administered by the Bank of the Thripp Republic.
- 3.3: One Thripp Dollar shall be worth 1/500 troy ounce silver.
- 3.4: The Bank of the Thripp Republic shall be required to retain at least one ounce of silver for every 5,000 Thripp Dollars in circulation, but shall not be required to exchange silver for Thripp Dollars.
- 3.5: The Bank of the Thripp Republic shall be authorized to print Thripp Dollars on any physical media in the following denominations: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500, $1000, and $5000.
- 3.6: The Bank of the Thripp Republic shall be authorized to mint coins using any metals or plastics in the following denominations: $0.01, $0.05, $0.10, $0.25, $0.50, $1, $5, $10, $25, $50, $100, and $500.
- 3.7: No law shall be made restricting the right to trade using any currency.
- 3.8: The national debt shall not exceed six million Thripp Dollars.
I, Richard X. Thripp, author of the Constitution of the Thripp Republic, elect myself the first President of the Thripp Republic on this third day of January in the year of our Lord two thousand eleven.
* Ratified Jan. 3, 2011 *
The Constitution was modified by section 1 of Executive Order 84: Currency Reform Act of 2012 on August 4, 2012.